Welcome to the help section of the site! If you do not find the answer you want, please feel free to send a message through the form on the contact page.
Editing – General questions
What kind of competitions may I add?
- Racing events only. It is defined as organised races with cars on asphalt/tarmac circuits.
- A "race" is when all competitors starts at the same time on a starting grid. The driver who crosses the finish line first, after a certain amount of laps or in some cases time, is victorious.
- No karting events, except superkarts that races on "real" racing circuits.
- No time attack, hill climb races or similar forms of competitions.
- No dirt track racing championships, rallycross, autocross, folkrace or similar things.
May I add past seasons?
- Well, you can. In the future it would be great to have as many seasons and championships as possible. But please keep in mind that the main focus should be the current and upcoming season.
- Please be aware that past seasons are not the priority when the events are accepted by administrators. Current and upcoming seasons will most often go first.
Why doesn't the events I added show up?
- All events that are submitted needs to be approved by an administrator before they will show up on the actual site. You can just sit back and relax (or add another calendar, of course).
- If you want to delete one or more of your submissions before they are approved by an administrator, you can go to "Your pit box" and just click the X button at the desired event.
How do I delete data?
- Events: There are two options. The first option is to go to the championship page and click the edit button (the pencil) at the desired event. Then click "Delete this event" at the bottom of the pop-up window and press "Yes". The other option, which is recommended if more than just one event needs to be deleted from the same calendar, is to click the settings button (the gear) on the championship page and choose "Delete events". Select the events you want to delete and then "done". The events will not disappear immediately. An administrator will take the final decision.
- Circuits: Go to the circuit, click the settings button (the gear) on the right-hand side and select "Advanced". Then select "Delete circuit". Please notice that it is not possible to delete circuits with events bound to it.
- Championships: Go to the championship, click the settings button (the gear) on the right-hand side and select "Advanced". Then select "Delete championship". Please notice that this will delete all data related to the championship, including all events for all seasons.
Editing – Input formats
Event name (event)
- Events should have full official names, if available, including potential title sponsor names.
- Circuit configurations are not event names and should not be entered here.
- Race distances or descriptions are not event names.
- Names of supporting races are not event names.
- Please do not use just capital letters.
- Correct: The Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston.
- Correct: 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
- Incorrect: Brands Hatch Indy. It is the name of a layout.
- Incorrect: Round 1. Not a name of an event.
- Incorrect: 6h. That is probably just the race distance.
- Incorrect: FIA World Endurance Championship. That is the name of a(nother) championship.
- Incorrect: 24 HOURS OF SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS. Please don't scream.
- Please note that Snetterton 100, Snetterton 200 and Snetterton 300 are configurations of Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit and not event names, which they might sound like.
Full official name (circuit)
- Circuits should have full official names including potential title sponsor names, if the circuit is widely known with its sponsor name. Example: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Full official name (championship)
- Championships should have full official names excluding potential title sponsor names.
- Example: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship should be named British Touring Car Championship.
- An exception is championships whose names are built upon the title sponsor name. Example: Bridgestone Production Car Championship.
- Full season names including sponsor names should be entered as a season name.
Full official name (season)
- Seasons should have full official championship names including potential title sponsor names.
- Correct: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.
- Please do not enter a season name if it is the same as the championship name.
Start date/End date (event)
- The start date should represent the first on-track session of the race weekend (most often a free practice). Track walk is not counted.
- End date represents the last on-track session, which almost always is a race.
- Please notice that it is not always possible to find dates for other sessions than the race. Many championships only mention the race date on their websites. If that is the case, you can
enter this date as both start and end date (or just leave end date blank). Hopefully someone else will correct this later.
- You do not need to enter end date if it is the same as the start date. Just leave end date blank if that is the case. (Well, you can enter it in both fields, but it is completely unnecessary)
Also known as (circuit/championship)
- This field should contain other known names than the official one of the championship or circuit, not shorter versions of them. It may also include previous names.
- The location is not another name for the circuit (well, in some sense it often is, but not here) and should only be entered in the "Location" field.
- Example: "Formula One" is another name for "FIA Formula 1 World Championship" and should be entered as "Also known as".
- Example: "Asian Formula Renault" is not another name for "Asian Formula Renault Series". It is just a part of the official name. This should not be entered in the "Also known as" field.
- Example: "Imola" should be entered in the "Location" field and not in the "Also known as" field for "Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari".
- The location should be written as "Town, Region". Country will be added automatically.
- Please do not enter abbreviations. Write "British Columbia" instead of "BC".
- Please use English names, when available. "Rome" instead of "Roma", for example.
- Correct: Sonoma, California.
- Incorrect: Sonoma, CA.
- Incorrect: Sonoma - California.
- Coordinates at RacingCalendar.net must be entered in decimal form.
- Correct: 45.616667
- Incorrect: 45° 37′ 0″ N
- The easiest way to find coordinates is by using Google Maps. Search for the circuit with Google Search, click the map and then copy the coordinates from the URL. The first number is the latitude and the second is the longitude.
Links to other websites
- All external links on circuit and championship pages must lead to official websites. Not to social networks, like Facebook or Twitter.
- There are some races during the year that doesn't really belong to a certain championship, e.g. Las 6 Horas Perú. In that case, a "championship" can be created with the name of that race.
- Some series have races that don't give championship points, e.g. the V8 Supercars race in Melbourne. If that is the case, the event should nevertheless be added to the championship, but
marked as "Non-championship round".
- If a provisional calendar has been released, it can be added to RacingCalendar.net. Do not forget to check the "provisional event" box when adding the events.
- If an event is confirmed for a certain month, but missing exact date, the start date should be entered as the first day of the month and the end date as the last day of the month.
- If an event is confirmed to be held between two other events with confirmed dates, this event can be added with the start date the day after the previous event and end date the day before the next event, to include all possible dates.
Can I become an engineer?
Is the colour of the cerb in the background image really orange?
- No. No, it's not. It's red. But with the help of Photoshop it magically turned into RacingCalendar.net orange. Cool, huh?
.net, 2018 | Use on own risk. No responsibility for cancelled events or incorrect information will be taken. | Cookies